Free Entry for Under 16s
Families are warmly encouraged to visit us and enjoy the Museum. The Museum is designed to be fun for families, with hands-on interactive exhibits that will help you and your family explore the history of the Yorkshire Dales and the exhibits on display.
There is also an exciting programme of activities and events designed just for families – see our events page.
Facilities for Families
- Ramp access around the museum
- Lifts to the upper floors and exhibition hall
- Indoor and outdoor spaces – accessible for pushchairs and wheelchairs
- Baby changing facilities
- Creation Station – This is the perfect place for children to get crafty all year round
- Free Wi-Fi
- Picnic tables
Good to Know
- Firebox Café onsite – child friendly menu available
- Free Entry for Under 16s
- Annual Pass – £9 per adult
- Family friendly events
- Play Park near by
- Breast feeding welcome
- Signed up to the Kids in Museums Manifesto
The Visual Story document is a guide to what to expect when you visit the Dales Countryside Museum. It includes photographs and information so that you can prepare for your visit to the museum.