The research room is closed until Monday 1 February 2021.
The research room will reopen between 10am and 4pm on Mondays and Wednesdays on Monday 1 February 2021.
Our volunteers will be available to help you with your research, assist with queries and to monitor the research room. The duty volunteer will be located at the screened work station in the research room.
You will need to book a ticket in advance by calling the Museum on 01969 666210. If possible, please could you let staff know your research subject at this point, together with any specific requests for material. This will help us to prepare in advance. We can only currently accommodate two people in each morning or afternoon slot.
Please help us to keep our visitors, volunteers and staff safe by adhering to the following procedures:
- Numbers are limited to 2 visitors within the space.
- Please use hand sanitiser prior to entry.
- Please use the screened working area provided.
- Gloves should not be worn. Hands should be washed and sanitised regularly.
- Visitors are required to wear a face covering throughout their visit.
- Please bring your own pencils and writing paper.
- Material requested will be placed in a box by the volunteer for transfer to visitors.
- Nothing can be scanned on the day but visitors can photograph documents without flash and requests for scans to be undertaken at a later date can be made.
- Material to be returned is to be placed in the second box in the work station.
- All material handled is quarantined for 72 hours before being returned to the shelves.
- Archive and census material.
- Primary sources for local history research available to view with volunteers on Monday and Wednesdays.
- Macfie Calvert Collection to view by appointment.
- For collection research opportunities please contact us.
- Free WiFi.
- Microfilm and microfiche readers to give you the maximum access to historical documents in our collection such as maps.