Our volunteers will be available to help you with your research and can assist with queries on Monday and Wednesday.
If possible, please could you let staff know your research subject at this point, together with any specific requests for material. This will help us to prepare in advance.
Please note – our standard entrance fee is required to access our research room and its facilities.
If you would like to visit the research room several times throughout the year it would be beneficial to purchase our £10 annual pass which gives you unlimited access to the whole museum for 12 months from purchase.
- Archive and census material.
- Primary sources for local history research available to view with volunteers on Monday and Wednesdays.
- Macfie Calvert Collection to view by appointment.
- For collection research opportunities please contact us.
- Free WiFi.
- Microfilm and microfiche readers to give you the maximum access to historical documents in our collection such as maps.
- Access to Ancestry